Monday, September 1, 2008

art and myself...

i'm not entirely sure what art and technology is going to entail, but being art minded especially when modern technology is utilized, I'm pretty interested and excited to see what I'll learn this semester.

i'm an art student (I am very much on the fence about my major being either graphic design or advertising) but I haven't always been so into it...it wasn't until my sophomore year of high school when I started getting really interested in my graphic design class that i discovered i had sort of an affinity for art. i had never gotten as much praise from any of my teachers before, and it was refreshing to feel like i was really pretty good at something...something that came so easy to me. i took many graphic design and photography classes throughout high school, and entered UT as a graphic design major.
that was 2 years ago, however...and aside from 2 semesters of photography, i've been very disconnected from my artistic side. I used to bring my digital camera wherever i went, and take pictures that i would later 'play' with in photoshop, and post them online, but i haven't done that in the past couple of years. I'm hoping that this semester between my design class and art and technology that i'll rediscover my love for digital (or any) arts...

No comments: